Lighting for a shaving brush plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have a 30g long with two 24watt bulbs one 10k and the other is actinic. Is that sufficient?

Gza166 said:
Have a 30g long with two 24watt bulbs one 10k and the other is actinic. Is that sufficient?

Imo youd need a lil more light but never know maybe buy a small one and try it out

more than enough light I'd say
it's keeping them alive my hermits rip them apart in less than a day but in the fugue(y) they do great

That might be a problem since I do have some hermits

54seaweed said:
more than enough light I'd say
it's keeping them alive my hermits rip them apart in less than a day but in the fugue(y) they do great

No one touched mine and they just fell apart unfortunately

I have some small ones growing on a piece of live rock, but I bought some from reefs2go with a small refugium starter kit and it fell apart also, I had it in with a mangrove tree and my light ( a regular 24" t8 bulb ) was burning the mangrove so I took it off and now the mangrove is fine but the shaving brush is all but completely gone, but I like the mangrove tree so it's ok.

Back
Top Bottom