Lighting for Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait430

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Alright guys here is a question - Does anyone know if the Oceanic BioCube lighting is sufficient for anemones? I am not sure and was wondering if anyone can enlighten me on this. The standard lighting that comes in there is said to be sufficient for corals and things so here it is:

36W 10K Daylight (16")
36W Actinic 03 Blue (16")

Thanks guys!

What size BioCube?
In general...NO Flour. lighting will not support anemones. If the lighting is CF then it may be enough to support something like a BTA depending on the size of the tank.

Flourescent and compact flourescent.

I would not try an anemone with the Biocube stock lighting. Have you considered a frogspawn or torch coral? Their tentacles look similar to a nem. Just a thought.

Flourescent and compact flourescent.

I would not try an anemone with the Biocube stock lighting. Have you considered a frogspawn or torch coral? Their tentacles look similar to a nem. Just a thought.

I'm not going to go with coral because I have a CC SeaStar and he'll gobble them up. I wanted to have an anemone for the clowns, I know it's not necessary but I would like them to have one...Are there CFs that are strong enough?

I guess if you added enough bulbs it would be strong enough, but that's going to be pretty difficult to do in a Biocube due to the lack of space. CRE Loaded 6 - Nanotuners.com sells kits to upgrade the lighting in nano tanks if you're down for a bit of DIY. Otherwise, you could remove the top and run a Sunpod over it or something.

Back
Top Bottom