Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
2 of the fixtures Hank or I have. here are the ones I use-
New Dimmable 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Fish Tank White Blue LED Light Black Shell | eBay

As for your dull sps issue hank, what colors are you speaking of? I have read that potassium plays a part in bring out the blue in sps.

Thanks Mr.X ! I just ordered them today and they will be in on Tuesday! Since I'm switching from t5's what type of acclimation do I do?

Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Switching to LEDs you need to be cautious. LEDs penetrate water MUCH better than units with bulbs. Start them off turned WAY down, and slowly turn them up weekly so you don't burn your corals to death...I did it by accident with my Radions.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I have great growth out of my Radions, but am addressing a 'dull' color out of some of my sps and lps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare View Post
Anyone ever measure their PAR when first using their LED to see what percentage's lost after the first 1st year 2 year etc?

The reason I posted the above is this from another thread below is what i read...Are you using the 1st generation Radion. Might be other factor as well, but the Par reading might be worth looking into as well.

Quote:
My LFS is an all-Radion shop and they have a significant investment in the Radions. For the first year or so the corals looked pretty darn good under them. In the last 6 months I have seen a decrease in coloration and overall, the corals just looked much duller.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Could the 120w dimmable led grow anything on a 35 gallon tank 32" long 14 inch deep 18" high?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #15
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

We're getting kinda off topic here guys. Lets keep things on the OP's topic. For other questions, please feel free to start your own thread or PM. Thanks!

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lighting, sps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com