Lighting issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amosora

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do I need to always turn on the light? Brighter light in the morning & blue light at night or i can completely turn off the lights. Thanks

If you have only fish you don't need light. If you have corals then yes, you need to supply a light cycle for them.

ezy33 said:
Will need more INFO about your tank and what's in it.
Sorry for the insuff details, i have clam, shrimp, hermit, fishes, & corals. Is this okay or you still need more info.

You defintiely need to have some solid light over them most of the day. Especially with a clam.

I have my blues come on at 9am, whites at 10am. Whites go off at 8 pm and then the blues off at 9pm.
'Hope that helps a bit :)

carey said:
You defintiely need to have some solid light over them most of the day. Especially with a clam.

I have my blues come on at 9am, whites at 10am. Whites go off at 8 pm and then the blues off at 9pm.
'Hope that helps a bit :)

It Really does, coz what im doing is white on at 6am then off at 6pm so my blues were never at rest there were always on.

Yeah, I'd just overlap the blues an hour each way and leave them off during the night. Everything will be fine with no light at night. Unless of course you are looking at the tank, then moonlights would be ok. I don't have working moonlights so no peeping at the fish for me after lights out! LOL

Back
Top Bottom