Lighting issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK I have a 36" marineland double bright led system on my 65g tank. They issue I'm having is....its not doing anything but making it pretty. My coralline algae isn't growing and the stuff in did have is fading. My calcium is in between 400-430 ish. Ammonia is 0, nitrates stay around 5 or less and my Phosphate is 0. I feel that its my lighting. I was wondering what y'all would recommend. I would like t5 over MH ( they make my wife dizzy). Would I need two bulbs or more. Also 10,000k antic or the purple. I doing fish only for now. I will be doing corals once I'm out of the military and have more time. The tank is a standard 65g 36"x18"x24". I like the brightness from the led. Their just not growing anything.

More info I forgot about. The tank did come with a 3 bulb t8 fixture. Everything I've read about sw light says use t5 or mh. So I don't have t8 running.

Will you could go with a good compact fluorescent light I have 2x65w 10k and 2x65A over my 55 and they work really well

Look at fishneedit.com fixtures are way cheaper and lots of people use them. That is what I would do.

Back
Top Bottom