Lighting my 125gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am going to put 3x175 10-15k MH with 220w of VHO or 2x96w of PC
plus 2-3, 72inch 65w normal output atinics for sunrise sunset probably 2 hrs in the mourning and two hrs at night with the normal output lights.
I plan on keeping SPS coral along with other coral, etc. that won't need as much light.
Does this sound like a goo combination. Its about 6-7 watts per Gal. Depending if I leave the normal output on with the rest. Is this a safe amount of watts per gallon for SPS corals

how deep is your tank? you may want to go with 250W mh. The NO lights will add a nice effect but wont do much in the way of light for your sps.

i'm thinking of buying an orbit hqi 562 watt metal halide for my 55g this would pretty much leave me open to have any type of coral right?

Yes I know the SPS would not get much from the NO lights. I was thinking it would give them a chance to wake up before they are blasted by the MH

I have a 125gal 72x18x24-deep But the SPS will be closer to the serface then the other stuff needing less light. I.E. sitting on LiveRock and LiveSand

Back
Top Bottom