lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I searched a few websites and kept coming back with the setup you linked. It's got 4 bulbs and built in moonlights. You could get it cheaper but it won't have the moonlights.

If to you thats a priority then the light you picked out would be good. You could grow most corals under it.

Just a thought, but have you checked www.aquatraders.com I know they sell the odyssea light fixtures. I read that they had problems with thier MH's in the past but all the recent review(last couple yrs) seem pretty good. And the price is pretty nice. I just ordered a t5 ho from them last night. I am kind of on a budget and did not want to go too expensive. Anyway just a thought.

It's always an issue finding 20" and 30" fixtures so I tend to know who has what. I spend a lot of time price checking and doing research. :-D

so eggcrate top is good idea?, just in case fish jump ever recently lost 1...

ok so my dad sais i hav a current dduel 2 bulb t5 the lights are 2bulb in one my dad is saying that it is no diffent but i completly disagree also my curent light does not hav reflectors for each light but instead 1 big one inside the light. i thin k this is a much better light Coralife Lunar Aqualight T5 Lamp High Output Fixture

please somone tell me what is better thanks

nvm i found out and ordered the lights people can u help me by telling me how i should acclimate light to corals so they dont die

Just start them out low on the sand or rock and then slowly put the corals where they need to be over several days. They will get used to it that way.

can i just run it and start with one light in the fixture and slowly increase to 4 because all my corals hav grown on big rocks that cant be moved thats what i was thinking but i realized i will start with 1 light bulb then 2 the next day, then a whole day just like that, then 3 lights, whole day like that then 4 lights.
tell me what u think of that for idea

Back
Top Bottom