Lighting question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok here is my problem. I want to add some atinincs to my tank. I currently have one 250w. MH on a 65 gallon tank. Now my hood is only 36 inches long and i have the reflector for the halide in the middle with the base of the bulb at the back of the canopy pointing twards the front. Now i want to add som pc's to this but don't want to reposition the halide. Now this makes it hard to get pc's on the sides of it. Here is my question. Can i mount the pc's on the walls of the canopy instead of on the top? Will this work or not. Please let me know.

You could do that, but it will cut the efficiency of the bulbs a good bit IMO. I'm guessing you intend to go with a pair of 96w PC's? Have you thought about going with the quad style bulbs and putting one on each side of the MH fixture?

what do the quad style bulbs look like? Here is what i was going to do. Sumphead has a 48'' jebo pc light with four 55 watters. I was thinking of buying that and just tearing it apart and using the ballast and bulbs. Or i have a 96 watt smart lite i could tear part. What do you think. Would those quad style bulbs work with what i want to do?

THe quad bulbs are shorter than the standard PC bulb and wider. They basicly have the tube bent so there are four 'fingers' extending out from the base.

Back
Top Bottom