Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just upgraded my lighting over my 125 With 440 Watts of VHO lighting. I took down NO flor lighting (about 80 watts). I have 2 questions:
1)Can I in addition to the VHO lighting put the NO lighting back up and just run smaller lights right before my VHO lights shut down OR just in addition to the VHO….suggestions? What bulbs?
2)I have a pink tip condy and he has been in the same spot for about 4 months until I put the VHO lights in…Last night he decided for some reason to be on the move. Hes moving up in the tank…is this normal? Plus when I feed him, his little (arms) are real soft….since the lighting, they have been somewhat stiff…and no jokes please!!
:p

1)Can I in addition to the VHO lighting put the NO lighting back up and just run smaller lights right before my VHO lights shut down OR just in addition to the VHO….suggestions? What bulbs

Sure if you wanted. I would think the 4 VHO bulbs would take up alot of realestate atop the tank and additional NO bulbs would just be a hard fit. Remember you want some air space between the bulbs for ventalation.

2)I have a pink tip condy and he has been in the same spot for about 4 months until I put the VHO lights in…Last night he decided for some reason to be on the move. Hes moving up in the tank…is this normal? Plus when I feed him, his little (arms) are real soft….since the lighting, they have been somewhat stiff…and no jokes please!!

Im not suprised. The anenome had found a spot it prefered based upon the existing conditions in the tank. Now that the conditions have changed, more light, the anenome is less satisfied with its old location and is on the search for a more desirable spot.

Well the canopy is fairly large. I will measure and see if I can put them in there without causing it to be to cramped.
guess the anenome will soon find another nice spot to live. hopefully its in the FRONT of the tank and not the back since there is where he has been since I put him in there!

Back
Top Bottom