Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doug01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Figured I would ask over here too since some might not make it to the Getting Started board.

I was wondering how this would work on top of a 29 Gal Reef? I have a regular old light strip right now that came with the aquarium. I know it's not enough with it's 20W for a reef. Would this one from EBay be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46314&item=4322550555&rd=1

I have a 4" DSB and was just wondering if this would put out enough for a good reef?

THANKS! [/url]

That's 3.8 watts per gallon, which should be fine for a lot of corals . Not clams but most corals. It's also got a good daylight(10,000 ) and blue actinic which cover the spectrums good.

I couldn't have a clam??? Crap...my wife was really checking them out.... How about anemones? would that be possible?

Maybe a BTA.. but you're on the low end of the scale. Certainly not enough for SPS corals, clams and most anemones. Should be fine for softies and LPS.

Try and get something around 180 watts and you will be able to keep just about anything you want.

well.. an bta may work, provided its near the top of the tank... but getting it to stay there may be a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom