Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAguy39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have the Coralife Lunar Aqualight delux series 2X65 watt with moon glow LED's. I am not sure I am using it correctly. I have the blue Actinic light come on at around 8:00Am and then I have the 10K daylight come on at 10:00AM. Are you suppose to turn the blue Actinic bulb off after the 10K light comes on, or do you leave them both on during the day? I turn my 10K light off around 7:00PM and leave the blue Actinic light on till 8:00PM after the blue Actinic goes out at 8:00PM I then have my moon lights come on for the night. Does this sound like a good schedule?

Thanks....

You could leave them on for a little longer IMO. Also you do want to keep the antics on all day with the 10k. :wink:

The blue lights also bring out the color in the fish/coral. We only turn our blue light off at night (after the white one has been off for about one hour).

Do you guys highly recommend the Moonlights with the LED'S? I have heard nothing but good things about it. Is it beneficial for the LR and the fish? Is it a good thing to buy for the startup process of the tank? Please let me know! Sorry for the newbie questions! THANKS!

I recommend the moonlights. It is purely for my pleasure though. The moonlights wont do anything for your tank other than give you a nice night light to watch by. They are great and make my corals glow in the night.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I am planning on getting 2 tomorrow. I am new to this so all these new things are so exciting for me!

Back
Top Bottom