Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-09-2006, 02:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
With your tank depth a 250w 14k would work well unless you want keep clams on the bottom then I would go with the 400w. With your tank width you may get some dim spots on the sides.
I think that you would be okay with clams under a 250w. My friend has a gigas under almost that exact setup and its doing awesome. Maybe a crocea or maxima wouldnt be a good idea but then again you could put them up at the top of the tank. They are rock dwelling clams anyway! Anyway I think you'll be happy with your decision. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

well, I changed my mind, instead of going with a single 250w (which would have been a DIY box type thing) Iv'e found a sale on a brand new aquarium dual 150w halide complete with 14k bulbs for only £150, which seems too good of a deal to turn down, this should be okay to keep soft coral which I prefer to any other coral anyways, would I be able to keep a BTA if kept high in the tank?

Old 09-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think a BTA would be okay under that. However you dont place a BTA where you want it. It goes where it wants to go. Hopefully its a smart anemone and get up to the top. I think it will be okay though. Maybe someone with the same setup can tell you a little more.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
However you dont place a BTA where you want it. It goes where it wants to go
ah, thats true, maybe I didn't think that through ... but if it isn't stupid, and it's happy with the water, shouldn't it find a spot where it gets enough light?
Old 09-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yes it should. However my anemone looked until it found my PH. Then it was all over the tank. Just make sure you have something keeping it away from them. I had to learn the hard way.

Tags
light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com