lighting question (your thoughts please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
alright, i'm going to redo the lighting over my 65 this summer and right now i'm getting all the essentials before i put it in the canopy. i currently have one 250 watt mh and 2 20 watt no actinics. i have thought about what i wanted to do and narrowed it down to two choices. i will be replacing the NO's with 3 55 watt actinics so that would be in either choice but what i can't decide on is weather i should go with 2 250's or go with the current 250 and a 400. i want to be able to keep all species of corals so my main concern would be too much lighting. i would like to go with the 250 and 400 combo but i was afraid it might be to bright to grow coraline and i don't want that. please give me some feedback. oh yeah and one more thing what ever combonation of mh the bulb will be a 6500K iwasaki.

I think the 2 250's will look better. With that and the 3 55w actinics, you should be able to keep anything you wanted in there. JMHO.
Logan J

sweet that sounds good. i was all ready to go with the 400 but i was like man that is going to be really bright i don't want to kill anything.

i know a fellow who has a 400 over his 20 high plus actinic supplement. obviously he needs a good load of fans to cool it, but his tank is amazing. everything grows very well.

Back
Top Bottom