lighting questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Djangom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi.

I am slowly converting my FOWLR tank to a reef tank and I am now coming up to proper lighting. I read this link and it blew my mind a bit!
Aquarium Lighting; Reef, Planted Light Information. PAR, Bulb, Watt, Kelvin, Nanometers, MH, LED.

OK...
So my tank is 46" x 28" x 12" (in the wall). It is very tall, so that will be an issue. At the moment I also dont have very much headroom. I only have 4.5 inches :(
I can do a little demolition to get more, but I'd like to see if I can find an option for what I have.

Also, I have a pseudo refugium on the right side of the tank, which i would like to put some Cheato into and of course try to light. The refugium is 6" x 12" x 28" but it is split into 2 compartments. I attached a rough sketch of this.

Any helpful thoughts? I want to get good penetration for the depth that I have, but w the limited space it might be tough. I am also worried about heat too. Would LEDs be best then?

Help!!!

Attachments

• tank sketch.jpg
    tank sketch.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom