Lighting questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ayesha97

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking to uprade the lighting in my tank. I would like to have PC lighting and aiming for 60-150 watts of light... but after a quick search at some online stores I found the term "compact flourescent." Is this the same thing? I want to make sure that I get the right thing before I shell out the money for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on brand of lighting or types that I should be considering insead? I had seen some set ups by Coralife that I was considering. (I am also partially limited by what the lfs carries, I got a large gift card there for my birthday).

My tank is a 20 gal tank with a bunch of live rock, a clown, a goby, snails, glass shrimp and a sea urchin. I would like to be able to get more into corals in the future, but only as money allows. Not in any rush. The tank has been up and running for over 2 years.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way. :)

thanks for the link. Thats the exact one that I was looking at last night. Good to know that I was right on target

I like www.ahsupply.com . I have bought from them. They are retro kits and you will need a hood to put the system in or build your own. Very reasonable prices and fast shipping. I have a twin 65 watt 6700k kit on my 55 gal planted right now. I will definitely be putting one of their kits on my reef. The manufactured systems are very nice but pricey as well.

Keep in mind that you will also need actinic lighting as well. This can be done with seperate bulbs. I have also seen it done with 50/50 bulbs as well.

Back
Top Bottom