Lighting requirements for anemones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
What kind of lighting would be required for an anemone? I would like a bubble tip, I have heard some people say halides, while others say that is too much for them. Others say power compacts, t5, I just don't know, I've never had one.

Its pretty hit or miss. currently i have a carpet under PCs and have had luck in the past but other people cant keep them under halides

Can you keep them with basic t5 lighting? What water conditions are good for them, high or low salinity?

i have a green bubble tip in the tank i maintain and he crept up the rockwork and is about 12" from a 250 watt halide. he seems to like it there.

what do you mean "basic" t5 lighting?

.025-.026 is the correct salinity.

Its pretty hit or miss. currently i have a carpet under PCs and have had luck in the past but other people cant keep them under halides
i tend to agree.i have a 14 inch carpet under pc and with a daily silverside seems to be quite happy.in another tank a 20 gal.i have a rose tip bubble under t8 and compact 50/50 26 watt and for the last year it is doing fine.i should add it gets a small piece of silverside or krill about every two to three days.

T5 HE Fluorescent lights, I realize they probably won't support an anemone and I will need to upgrade, I am just curious what I need to upgrade to.

right now im using a 4X96 watt PC fixture over a 120 gal tank. seems to be working

lol, I don't have an anemone, my lights are more than adequate for FOWLR

Back
Top Bottom