lighting requirementsss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
metal hallide is the best for them if you look on ebay there is a guy selling refurbished metal hailde with everything new beside the ballast is used. but you will find since its used the price is half compared to new. just depends if you want a new one for that size of tank your looking in the hunderds for that.
also depends on how deep the tank is? i assume you might be able to get away with one mh the anemone would just stay on one side of the tank. but i am pretty sure you would need at least two metal halide to cover the tank from end to end. and it would look better to.
heres the light i was talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/250-Watt-Metal-...709218998QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

good luck

thankss flame82....

whats the difference between that one and the 400 watt one from that seller..???
click on view sellers other items and there he has the 400 wat one for $90 too....
and are they aquarium safe????
how would you install that over the aquarium??/

thank youuuuuuuuuuuu

whats the difference between that one and the 400 watt one from that seller..???

150 watts.......... :lach: sorry I had to say it. You would have to "custom install" it to your canopy . It should be safe for an aquarium, and is listed as an aquarium light.

lol! so why would anyone buy a 150 less watt light for the same price?????
would it be difficult to install that?

ektorgt said:
lol! so why would anyone buy a 150 less watt light for the same price?????
would it be difficult to install that?

could be they dont need all the wattage... i.e. a smaller tank...

Back
Top Bottom