Lighting ?????'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bleek600

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello. I am new to this group and fairly new to saltwater all together.. I have a few questions about the lighting.. I am running what I believe is a 80-90 gal. Tenecor simplicity plus tank. I just bought it at an estate sale... Got a really good deal although I am not sure how the filter should be set up. The local fish store said that it has a built-in skimmer, but I have no clue as to how to set it up.. And for the lighting question..
I have two URI VHO 48" and want to add actinics.. All the locals are either out or major $$ for VHO act... With money being tight, I called the local light bulb dealer and they cannot get those, but they can get 7500K CHroma bulbs... Would these hurt? At least till I can get enough $$ for another VHO set-up.... I miss the "blues" I ran them on my old 55gal fish only salt tank and I loved the soothing color at night.... Or does anyone know of any std. 48" actinics?? I cant seem to find them.. I am not going to run any real fragile corals, just the basics.... any help would be appreciated... Thanks

Matt

big$$ compared to NOF.. and the VHO ballast....Hell, i can get the chroma-blue for 8.30 at the local light distributer.. But they cannot get VHO's. I was thinking about getting HO's though.. Not sure...Thanks for the help....

Back
Top Bottom