Lighting upgrade for my 46 bowfront!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshuaMarshall1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I used to have only two 96 watt 50/50 Smartlites on my 46 bowfront and they are mounted inside my 12 inch canopy. So, after about 8 months of that I decided by the height of the canopy I could go higher on my lighting because I was losing some intensity.

So I ordered a CSL 2 x 32 Watt Retrofit with ballast and dusk/dawn switch. It comes with one pure actinic and on 10,000k daylight. I thought I would document this photographically so I could share it with you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I also added a 96 watt pure actinic in place of one of the 50/50s so I could have the option of having the actinics on only and get that awesome effect. :eyes:

I went from having 4.15 watts per gallon with 192 watts on my 46 Bowfront to having 256 watts which works out to 5.57 watts per gallon. With the fixtures hovering about 10 inches from the water I think it will be adequate.

:onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire::onfire:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/modul...&include=view_album.php&set_albumName=album38

Looks good! Have you noticed any difference in the growth rate of the stuff in the tank since you upgraded the lights?
Logan J

very nice. i really like bowfrong tanks. i like that picture with just the actinic lighting on; nice flourescence on many of your corals.

Back
Top Bottom