Lightning Maroon Anemone Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those leds are for looks only. I'd recommend upgrading the lighting to something stronger prior to getting a nem. There are some cheap led panels that will grow anything on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya I use those ebay LEDs on my reef right now and they do great. For this tank, as it's just temporary for a year or so I'd rather just leave it as is. Those strips are the panoramas I found which I used on my reef several years ago and grew sps high up pretty well.. I would think those combined with the CFLs would be enough for a nem towards the top of the tank since they were able to keep sps for several years. Just my 2 cents but if you all don't think it would be enough I'll most likely wait it out until I move the clown to a 30 or 40

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So long overdue update.. everything was going smooth until I realized some spots on the clown once she settled in to the tank. Wasn't sure so I let it go for a while as it looked to have gone away but about a week ago I saw a few other spots which I thought was ich but after looking closer, is definitely brooklynella. Currently treating in qt with rid ich since it contains formalin. Besides this bump in the road things are doing just fine. The clown never lost a step and still eats like crazy. Also soaking all food in zoe overnight as I figured it could only help. Fingers crossed things stay on track. Also if you guys have any suggestions for treatment please let me know.

On an unrelated note I have a few questions regarding lighting for the cube. As I said before I would really only like to remove the hood as a last resort but I do want to upgrade the lighting to some LEDS as I really hate these CFLs. Did some looking around online and came across what seems to be a 'nano' version of those Chinese LEDs as it totals 60w as opposed to the 120w Chinese fixture I have on my reef. Looking over the measurements of the leds and and hood, once gutted the leds should be able to be rigged up in it just fine as the hood already has fan holes. So question is, would this be enough to support a couple BTAS and some flower nems in the 12g cube? Seems like it should but wanted to hear a couple others thoughts before pulling the trigger

Just snag the xr15 pro since it dropped in price. I no the price point between what your looking at is much more but I have a xr15 pro on my 29 bio cube and am really impressed with everything

Just snag the xr15 pro since it dropped in price. I no the price point between what your looking at is much more but I have a xr15 pro on my 29 bio cube and am really impressed with everything

Wish I could but just isn't in the cards with price at this point. Always very impressed with those lights. Hopefully someday I'll be able to give them a try but for now gotta stick to the cheaper ones..

If nobody thinks otherwise I think I'm gonna go ahead and order that 'nano' Chinese LED

Wish I could but just isn't in the cards with price at this point. Always very impressed with those lights. Hopefully someday I'll be able to give them a try but for now gotta stick to the cheaper ones..

If nobody thinks otherwise I think I'm gonna go ahead and order that 'nano' Chinese LED

Has anyone come across this nano chinese fixture, or something similar, with just blue/white led's? I'm ok with giving the full spectrum a try but I guess I would prefer to stick with just blue/white

Well couldn't find a small led unit with just the blue/white so I went ahead and got the full spectrum unit. Pretty excited to get it rigged up. Everything about these CFLs is just frustrating

So light should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have the time and and equipment to get it rigged up properly. On a side note I added a couple blue knuckle hermits last night. I know they don't do great shipping and don't have the best survival rates in general but I figured I'd try em out since we got some at the LFS I work at. One didn't even make it home it looked but the other seems to be doing good. Climbing all over the rock work looking for food so hopefully he can stand the test of time.

Got the light today like expected.. now just to get this guy rigged up. Might have to go topless it seems. Haha I kinda forgot to account for the added height from the dimmer knobs but I'm still happy I went with the nano unit instead of the 120w from a size standpoint
1444166686465.jpg
1444166700811.jpg

Quick look at the light on the tank. Decided I'm just gonna remove the hood since I really like the legs it came with to sit on the tank.

All done! Had to do a few mods on the light holders but overall very satisfied. Much cleaner look than I thought it would be.
1444275390051.jpg

you may want to make a plexi glass or egg crate cover for that. I didn't know Maroon clowns jumped until mine jumped. Mine was just a normal run of the mill Maroon, not a cool one like yours.

Thank you sniperhank!

Back
Top Bottom