Lightning Maroon Anemone Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gboduszek

Aquarium Advice Freak
So as I I mentioned in my 20L thread I recently bought a small lightning maroon clown. It's been a favorite of mine since bursting onto the scene in 2012 and when I was offered a sweet deal through work I decided to jump on it. As a temp home, I grabbed a used nano cube to home the fish until I get the time to set up a 30g I have laying around.

The tank will only house the clown with a few inverts as well as several varieties of BTAs. My only question is do you guys think the stock CFLs along with w stunner strips would be enough for a nem in the nanocube?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The nano cube. Still have to arrange the rock to my liking.
1440521689390.jpg

And here's the stunners I am going to add to the hood if that will be sufficient for a BTA
1440521848524.jpg

if those are anything like the ones I have No,

I believe the ecoxotic panorama strips which aren't technically the stunner strips. I just loosely refer to them as that. I used to have one strip of all actinic and then a 2nd with 2/3 white 1/3 actinic over my 20L reef which grew LPS, birdnest, and monti's fairly well but they slowly cropped out so I changed it up. I got these 2 other for free so I figured I'd give em a try. Combined with the CFLs I would think that would be enough for a nem since just the strips was sufficient for my reef. I will double check to make sure they're not the actual stunner strips and and give an update

Lights aside, picked up a variety inverts today:

Margarita snails
Ceriths
Striped nerites
Nassarius
Couple blue hermits
Scarlet reef hermit

Here's a couple pics

1440556931648.jpg
1440556948270.jpg

Lights aside, picked up a variety inverts today:

Margarita snails
Ceriths
Striped nerites
Nassarius
Couple blue hermits
Scarlet reef hermit

Here's a couple pics

View attachment 277040
View attachment 277041

Congrats on the new inverts! They are so much fun, I love watching the crabs in different parts of the tank. The nice thing about being small is that they can pretty much fit themselves anywhere! :-D

Let's see a pic of the lighting maroon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Let's see a pic of the lighting maroon!!!

Just realized I never added a picture of her.. I'll snap one when I get to work today. The tank is ready to go so a couple days ago I added a green chromis just to make sure things were squared away haha. Just puts the heart at ease knowing the tank is good to go for fish before tossing the lightning maroon in haha. Either gonna bring back the "rental" chromis today or tomorrow and finally bring home the clown!

Also anenome`s need a tank with stable parameters. It usually takes about a year for it to get completely stable. They wont tolerate parameter jumps or nitrates.

Also anenome`s need a tank with stable parameters. It usually takes about a year for it to get completely stable. They wont tolerate parameter jumps or nitrates.

About 3/4 of the rock I used is from my 3 year old reef and although I know it doesn't carry much bacteria if any, I used water from my reef as well. Besides a few lbs of rock and the sand everything I set the tank up with is from my reef so I should be ok in a couple months I would think which is what I was aiming for.

Muh girl..
1440718563920.jpg
1440718587493.jpg

Not the greatest lightning maroon pattern in the world but hey its still a lightning maroon. Maybe as it matures the spots will develop a little more. Here's to hoping..

Very cool!! I need one!

Very nice fish!

Today's the day! Caught the rental damsel without having to move any rock and am taking him back to work so I can finally bring home the lightning maroon! Pics later tonight!

The acclimation begins...
1440813387831.jpg

The acclimation begins...
View attachment 277128

..tuxedo urchin I moved over from my reef trying to steal the show.. bought the guy initially to help clear up some hair algae and of course he turned his nose up at that for some coraline and managed to steal some zoas as well

The clowns settled in nicely. She's been out and about all day and went crazy for some mysis earlier. Now I'm just anxious to get some nems in there haha. Still gonna wait a few months down the road as I also need to rig up the LED strips to provide the adequate light.

Those leds are for looks only. I'd recommend upgrading the lighting to something stronger prior to getting a nem. There are some cheap led panels that will grow anything on eBay

Back
Top Bottom