Lights!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have an 8 bulb t5 fixture on my 150g. Its 28" deep or something close to that an I can keep up to lps. I want an anemone and sps so I am wondering what to add. It gives me 312 watts. I would like to do this for $200-$250. Any ideas? Cheapest please haha post even if it's more than $250. Would led strips work?

crister13 said:
Does anyone have any ideas????? I'm going to the lfs tomorrow! Help!

Id say if you want sps to upgrade your lighting all together, and it would save you money. Not sure of many of led strips doing anything much for a tank that deep im pretty sure most are small 1w led's. I could be wrong.

Selling the t5's and upgrading would probably be the cheapest and youd be happier with it. But thats just a suggestion.

crister13 said:
What fixture would you recommend?

Well the only option would be halides or Leds. If led's then i woukd suggest the kessil A350's. Would require 2 and ive seen them on the same size tank with sps growing beautifully. I believe they easily penetrate 30".

Schism said:
Well the only option would be halides or Leds. If led's then i woukd suggest the kessil A350's. Would require 2 and ive seen them on the same size tank with sps growing beautifully. I believe they easily penetrate 30".

You seem to really like those LEDs. Lol.

Zactheninja said:
You seem to really like those LEDs. Lol.

Lol

I havnt found better for the price. Quality company, and well made fixture. Not to mention they look fantastic and grow anything. Ive seen them in use and how they grow coral couldnt be more impressed and for under $400 the price is right.

Such a tiny footprint over the tank also, no huge fixture always in your way.

Back
Top Bottom