Lights damaging eyes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redsea

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I got some flake food on my glass top so I went to blow it into my tank. I was close to one of the fans to the lights, so I could see the light. I only saw it for about a second or two, but I felt something in my eye, lol. I know I am probably worrying too much, but I just want to be sure. :) Thanks!

I am paranoid, lol.

tumblewed said:
i think u will be fine i have to stare into lights to fix them. lol

Ok, that makes me feel better! The last thing I want is for my eyes to be permanently damaged! Thanks!

Uh oh, so this lighting that I am getting will hurt my eyes since it is a T5HO? That is only if I stare at the lights only for a few minutes right? (Which would never happen, lol)

it will sting your eyes just like lookign at the sun will. you'll get a bit of spottign for a bit but it'll go away. thats the reason high wattage MH and t5Ho lighting is usually place at 20 feet or higher above grade

Gti_Leo said:
it will sting your eyes just like lookign at the sun will. you'll get a bit of spottign for a bit but it'll go away. thats the reason high wattage MH and t5Ho lighting is usually place at 20 feet or higher above grade

Ok, thank you for the help!

if it has individule reflectors then it is more then plenty on a 125g, it will even work on a 180 or 220, just get quality lamps like KZ, ATI or Guissman

Back
Top Bottom