Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-24-2004, 09:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Lights or Skimmer First?

Hello all just a quick question? I have a 60 gallon tank that is 3months old. I am about to add some live rock and wonder if it would be ok to add it with only lights and not a skimmer first or should I go with the skimmer fist and then the lights. Lights (Coralife Luna Aqualight Luna Series) or the Aqua C Remora Pro. Or should I just wait till I can get both... I cycled using ground shrimp for the first 2 and a half months but now have 4 dansels and one puffer. Everyone is healthy and water is fine. Taking my time so dont mind waiting for a while. So what do ya think? Much Aloha and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Do you have any livestock? If so, go for the skimmer. If not, maybe the lights. What do you have for lighting right now?
55g reef, 2x250W 10k MH + 2x96W PC actninc, 10g sump, AquaC Urchin skimmer, 65lbs LR

xenia, mushrooms, wels. open brain, fungia radiata (orange), green eyed zoos

flame angel, mated pair of false perc, 6-line, firefish

20gH electric yellow cichlid
theatrus is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lights, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com