Lion and reef??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E-rock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't have my mind set on a lionfish. And I don't have my mind set on reef yet. And I know it's says on live aquaria that it is safe with caution. I was wonder if anyone has tried with any luck keeping a lionfish with corals, or am I just asking for trouble

I don't think its the corals its more the fact it eats fish that fits in there mouth

Ya I agree they aren't going to mess with corals purposely but they will eat anything that fits in their mouth.

They are not REEF safe but are CORAL safe. They will eat the crustaceans in a reef and any fish 1/2 there body size or less. It will aslo be more difficult to keep params good with one. If you do it, I would get a dwarf lion. Good Luck!!!!!

also, i don't know about most people, but i find that my hands/arms are in my reef tank on a regular basis. i don't think i would want to have something in my reef that i could bump into by mistake and cause me to have a really bad day. just some food for thought.

I know. My buddy had a big one and got stung by it. He actualy had to travel to the next county over to get to the right hospital that had the correct anti- venom. Because his arm swelled up so bad. But after that he went and purchased some protective gloves he said I could have... If I wanted to risk it.

Back
Top Bottom