Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aussie79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
G'day all I got my self a zebra lion fish.
Pick him up on Saturday put him in the tank , he had a swim around then disappeared into the rock and haven't seen him since is this normal

Attachments

• image-3306351855.jpg
    image-3306351855.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 294
  • image-2284368996.jpg
    image-2284368996.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 295
From what I have read yes it is. Once they start associating you with food it will probably learn to come out to beg.

My Lion did he same thing. After a few days he associated me with food and now him and my humu humu come to top of the tank whenever I get close to it. They sit there like a couple of dogs beggin for food...really funny. I can actually hand feed them krill. Just be patient, he will come around.

mstrblstr33 said:
My Lion did he same thing. After a few days he associated me with food and now him and my humu humu come to top of the tank whenever I get close to it. They sit there like a couple of dogs beggin for food...really funny. I can actually hand feed them krill. Just be patient, he will come around.

Are lionfish poisionus? If not im definatly gonna set up a tank for a couple that be frekkin awesome

Lionfish? Yes I believe the spines at the end of their fins are

Yes, the lionfish are venomous. They sting with their dorsal spines and a believe there are a couple toward their head that are also venomous. I have never been stung, but I have read that it the pain is anywhere from slightly worse than a bee sting to very painful. I guess it just depends on your level of pain tolerance.
On a side note, make sure you have adequate space for them, especially if you plan on geting another one. They grow to approximately 15".

Scratch that last part about the size being 15". I just remembered you said Zebra Lion. They get to about 7". My bad.

Moved to the SW General discussion. This forum is for profiles and descriptions of SW fish and corals.

Back
Top Bottom