Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, nice setup. I really like that its not under the stand, seems like it'd make everything a lot easier.

BallinCrew10 said:
I agree, nice setup. I really like that its not under the stand, seems like it'd make everything a lot easier.

Sometimes, but it has it's issues too.

BallinCrew10 said:
Yea the farthest chamber looks like a stretch lol. I still like it.

U ain't lying. I'm 6'1 and it takes me leaning to get to it.

Ohh that's one point I missed, thought I covered them all. You have to use a hard container to move him. His spines will get stuck in the bag and/or break off fins. Im sure you're familiar with he acrylic boxes the lfs uses when buying a fish? Those are best...or tupperware

huma-huma said:
Ohh that's one point I missed, thought I covered them all. You have to use a hard container to move him. His spines will get stuck in the bag and/or break off fins. Im sure you're familiar with he acrylic boxes the lfs uses when buying a fish? Those are best...or tupperware

Got it. Just avoid being stung, huh? Lol...

Just grab him, how bad could the sting possibly hurt?? I AM KIDDING lol. Though I have read that it hurts about as bad as being stung by a bee. I'll take their word for it lol.

BallinCrew10 said:
Just grab him, how bad could the sting possibly hurt?? I AM KIDDING lol. Though I have read that it hurts about as bad as being stung by a bee. I'll take their word for it lol.

Yeah, I'm with u on that. Word of mouth is good enough..

Yeah just avoid the spines at all costs. . . If youre lucky it'll hurt like a bee sting, could very well be alot worse

good idea... you said its roughly3" right? thats a lil guy lol. ive never seen a volitan that small, i think the smallest ive seen is prob 5 or so

huma-huma said:
good idea... you said its roughly3" right? thats a lil guy lol. ive never seen a volitan that small, i think the smallest ive seen is prob 5 or so

Just came in, here are pics.

Last edited:
Poor guy! So little water :(. I make my LFS give me extra water from the tank so they don't get stressed when acclimating even more so because the bucket is on the side.

Jlsardina said:
Poor guy! So little water :(. I make my LFS give me extra water from the tank so they don't get stressed when acclimating even more so because the bucket is on the side.

Yeah, wasn't much, but he's spunky! Moving all around.

Looking good. Did you get anything to feed him yet? Live feeder shrimp usually work if he won't eat.

Back
Top Bottom