Lion fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darrenjohns06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any advise on getting a lion fish to eat, had him about 8 weeks and tryed everything u can think off please help

image-676455371.jpg

I feed mine rosey red minows and just started getting him to eat hole frozen krill. Very nice fish u got there. I love mine.

The one in my restaurant wouldn't eat anything but live fish at first now I have him eating raw peeled shrimp. They like movement. Is he eating anything else? Maybe something missing in tank?

Try and avoid feeding rosey reds or goldfish. These feeders contain thiaminase, an enzyme that leads to thiamine/vitamin b1 deficiency. They are ok if fed occasionally but if fed on a regular basis can lead to neurological issues. I would suggest guppies or small platies/mollies. Or try frozen food thawed out and wiggled like its live.

Lino fish are slow hunters. I had a Fu Man Chu lionfish that had to tricked into eating frozen fish. Using a pair of long tweezers holding the tail of a silverside and moving it like a fishing lure. After a few weeks he got the idea. After that he would eat Mysis Shrimp, clams, raw Shrimp and other meaty foods. But only by hand. I hope this helps and good luck.

He hasn't eaten since I've had h unless he has been at night but I will try all of the above n hopefully soon he will be feeding, thanks guys

Still not eaten really dnt no what to do I've tried all off the above guys

They will only eat large foods. Mines eats a whole cube at once but wont eat it if it's thawed.

Back
Top Bottom