Lion fish food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keysman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I've got a zebra lion fish .I go down to my local boat ramp and get some glass shrimp to feed it but today I also got a small squid (about the same size as the shrimp about a inch ) now would this be ok to feed him ,do the eat them in the wild

you could use live foods to entice a new lion to eat, but a majority of people get their lions onto prepared food. A very popular choice is silversides, they are sold frozen and just need thawed out, not to mention they are nutrient-filled. I use rosy red minnows just because i love seeing my lion track it down and gulp it. just be careful with the size of the feeder food, lions are notorius for gulping oversized foods that hurts/kills them in the long run:(

It shouldn't be hard to get them on frozen food. Stuff from the seafood section of the grocery store are probably the most cost effective way to do it. We used shrimp and scallops at the shop. They can be converted onto pellets, which is the healthiest thing for them.

Back
Top Bottom