Lionfish and Batfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

podge387

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been reading up on lion fish and bat fish at my local library but i cant find any information on how to keep them in captivity or if the can live together in peace. From what i have read though lionfish can be a hastle and im not sure wether or no to get one. Also as i have been researching online i have found many sites in which the sell fish is it a good idea to purchase fish online or should i order them through my LFS.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Lionfish are hardy, easy to come by and make a good addition to the aggressive fish tank. Dorf lions are pretty hardy. I would not recomend getting a batfish. These grow very fast and require a large tank with unobstructed swimming space. Batfish are best left in the wild or to large public aquariums. As far as ordering fish online, when your order multiple fish it pays off. If you are looking for only one get it from your LFS. This way you can pick it out yourself and you do not have to pay shipping. Ordering fish online pays off when you order a lot at one time with only on shipping charge.

IMO the best way to buy fis is online because most will five you a 7 day stay alive type deal or you can return it to them.Here are acouple of sites I've ordered from.Live Aquaria.com-Saltwaterfish.com and Baliaquarium.com.The last may get you on shipping but if you order several fish you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom