Lionfish care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any ideas on species?

I don't think it adds any difficulty personally. I have to work on the tank every couple of days anyway so adding a scheduled feeding seems fine. I've got a fuzzy dwarf and he is doing very well. I just target feed every three days or so. Also be aware of how it adjusts what can be in the tank. For instance ornamental shrimp may not be the best idea b/c the lionfish will want to eat them.

Check this out: http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-11/fm/feature/

You'll learn more than you'd every want to ;)

I have a fuzzy dwarf and as long as you get them eating prepared food they aren't difficult. You will have to hand feed as they won't usually feed from the water column. I feed mind bits of fish from the supermarket every other day. Also they get a bad image of being aggressive since they are a predator. They aren't really aggression more opportunistic if they get too hungry. I wouldn't keep any shrimp in with them though.

I'm not sure I'll get one then because I love shrimp so that's not a good idea but if I sent up another tank for it how big dose it need to be I'm thinking a fuzzy dwarf lionfish or something similar

Back
Top Bottom