Lionfish hurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmh2536

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday i noticed that one of my Lionfish's lower venomous fin was broke, the inner spine looked like it had snapped or just came out of a socket....well this morning i noticed that it fell off, is this anything that i should worry about or will it grow back...any info would be helpful

well now i think i may know what happened....is it possible for the stinger to fall off if the Lionfish stung another fish??? I just noticed that my picasso trigger has a small round red mark on his body, i'm thinking that the lionfish stung him and then the stinger fell off....could this be true????and if so will the trigger be ok???

that could have been what happend, i dont know how badly the venum hurts other fish my lfs says it kills the fish that have been stung, hope your trigger is ok.

have too tryed looking up on the internet what a lion fish sting on a fish looks like? that might tell you if you fish got stung or not.

Not sure what they look like, but I hear it is very similar to getting stung by a bee.

My boyfriend was stung by a lionfish and his arm swelled up. I don't think it's uncommon for a lionfish to lose a stinger. My lionfish had a broken stinger and it didn't seem to be bothered by it.

thanks that website helped alot....i'm pretty sure now that my trigger was stung, but it happened about 3 days ago so i think hes going to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom