lionfish probz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are more of a sit and wait kinda fish but after a while it'll understand that you walking up to the tank means food and they start meeting you at the top. i feed my fish with a turkey baster and as soon as it breaks the water surface he swims up to meet me where i can feed him by hand. I don't feed him every day so half the time he just swims up and leaves dissapointed but he keeps coming...

First see if he is alive, then I don't think you can do anything just let him do his thing, I. Sure he will be fine.

Not sure if any one can help: sorry to butt in!!

Had dwarf lion fish for a few days and noticed damage, a hole on one of his "wings" will this repair itself?

image-3941276811.jpg

image-1495911227.jpg

image-2953101289.jpg

Not sure if any one can help: sorry to butt in!!

Had dwarf lion fish for a few days and noticed damage, a hole on one of his "wings" will this repair itself?

Well , did you see him snag it or something? It could be fin rot. Which is often associated with malnutrition. What are you feeding it?

Would fin rot be at the edges this is in the middle??? He is have ghost shrimp and has
Been feeding fine

Would fin rot be at the edges this is in the middle??? He is have ghost shrimp and has
Been feeding fine

I don't know much about fin rot so to be straight I dunno. However, I'm pretty sure you should be varying his diet anyway. Does he act like he's injured?

looks like a tear to me. just keep an eye on it and see what happens. if it keeps expanding, then its either fin rot or something similar. pther than that, he should be fine. lions are tough lil guys

Had my lion fish since Saturday he is feeding well, but just sits on the bed or on a rock even when main lights off and just blues on, is this normal or should he be swimming a bit? Not seen him go more that 6 inches from the bottom of the tank?

its normal. the transfer and new tank shocks them pretty good, so normally they are scared. even the Volitans are known to hide for several days. best way to get him out is use a feeding stick to lure him out into the open at night. make sure you avoid sudden movements or scaring him. after a week or so he should understand that its safe to come out. my fd still doesnt openly come out every day and ive had him for 2 months.

Most lionfish I have seen are a somewhat "Lazy" species and are not very active swimmers, but than again mine has been in my tank for know more than 2 weeks and hes starting to get comfortable, he is starting to swim more around my rock structures and is becoming quite the entertainer! But you forsure need to get a "various" diet in so lower your chances for things like fin rot. And besides like i said mine loves 2-3 ghost shrimp a day, i feed the ghosts miasis or brine shrimp 30 minutes before i toss them in and he seems to like it haha.

Back
Top Bottom