lionfish probz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codigoins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, i recently bought a 4-5 inch dwarf zebra lionfish, 2 days ago to be exact! And its not eating ANYTHING ive tried all feeders, hes not even eating ghosts! Ive tried, krill frozen and dried, mysis shrimp and even brine, i really want him too eat, i even soaked it all in garlic, please help me guys!

Hey guys, i recently bought a 4-5 inch dwarf zebra lionfish, 2 days ago to be exact! And its not eating ANYTHING ive tried all feeders, hes not even eating ghosts! Ive tried, krill frozen and dried, mysis shrimp and even brine, i really want him too eat, i even soaked it all in garlic, please help me guys!

I thought lionfish only eat live? Try using freshwater feederfish

I tried feeders from my LPS, comets and guppies already, no luck. Is there anything else i couldd try:\

He's probably just not acclimated to his new home yet, sometimes it's a week before they'll finally eat, just give him some time, he'll eventually eat.

My dwarf fuzzy lion took 5 days to eat. Give him a few days. In reality they are a slow metabolism fish (watch and wait predator) so feeding three times a week would be plenty anyway. He'll get acclimated and be fine.

"A hungry lionfish is a bold lionsih"

Ok guys thanks for the calming news! I was freakn out, i lost a butterfly fish once after 5 days of getn him, (i think my coral catshark intimidated him a little) and i just wanted to be safe!

Haha! I will! Its been almost 3 full days and he hasn't eaten, I went to my lfs and i bought him out of a 10 gallon tank where he was all alone, they said when they got him they put in 6 ghost shrimps and he had to have eaten them so hopefully tonight-tomorrow i will see him have appetite!

Update guys, 4 days old in the aquarium and he doesn't move from his spot, he doesn't eat, what should i do?

ForumRunner_20121231_155924.jpg

My water is fine, the tank has been up over a year and has a pair of clowns in it, i drip accumulated him just like i do every fish, he ate the 6 ghosts at my lfs 5 days ago and i would give water but i ran out of testers last week. I do 20 percent changes every 10 days juust like i have yearly. My lfs says he we be fine just give him time to settle

id attempt to get a good look at him. make sure hes full colored and his eyes are clear. also watch his gill movement. it should be nice and steady. if its fast or exaggerated, somethings up. also check out his belly. thats the tell-tale sign i use for feeding. if its sleek and not distinguishable from the remaining body, he is prob hungry. im currently goingon month 2 of keepnig a fuzzy dwarf and i had the same issue when i got him. it took seven days for him to eat. now he eats everyother day like clockwork

I feed mine frozen mysis shrimp. Started him on ghost shrimp until he started eating when I fed other fish, mysis shrimp. I can hand feed him too!

I found the frozen krill to be the easiest to ween mine onto because of the size of them. You should try some live feeders again just to get him going. He's hungry by now...

Back
Top Bottom