LiquidLife CoralPlankton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Biggen

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I am rummaging through the LFS freezer today and I find some of this stuff. They also carry the other two products LiquidLife makes which are MarinePlankton and BioPlankton. The BioPlankton seems to be suited for filter feeders more than corals since it contains mostly phytoplankton. The CoralPlankton (which is what I got) has mostly zooplankton in it which should be perfect for most corals. The MarinePlankton seems to be marketed as a fish food as it has cyclopeeze in it.

Anyway, I picked up a bottle of the CoralPlankton for $15. Not very cheap but since I have been hearing nothing but rave reviews for this stuff, I thought I would try it.

I couldn't wait till the evening to give this stuff a shot and see what happens so I went ahead and dosed some immediately during the "daylight" period of the tank. Within minutes of pumping a few squirts into my tank, it was like I had a coral polyp explosion. My corals looked like they do at night, full polyp extension. Even my candy cane was extended which I have never seen it do this during the day time!

So far I am impressed just at the way the corals reacted. I'll use the bottle up and then revaluate my position, but right now, I am calling it the best store bought coral food out there.

:)

I have been using it for months and I love it. I use both the bio and coral plankton. as you pointed out the marine is mostly cyclop-eez and for $25 that a lot of $$$. I just bought a freezer bar of cyclop-eez for $8 and I feed the tank that. The fish love it and the corals with sweepers they come out so they enjoy it also. My poylps eat it as well.

Funny, I was just at a LFS yesterday and the owner tried to sell me on the stuff. He was actually sold out so he gave me a hand-out on the stuff and will call me when he gets more in. Let me know if you have continued success and if it changes your water parameters. Thanks! Lando

Back
Top Bottom