little bugs at night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshsReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a 75 gallon sw setup for about 18 months now. Everything has been running smooth for the last year or so. however tonight after the lights went out I noticed little mini Centipedes running all over the sand. I cant figure it out, never noticed them before but there seems to be alot of them.

Any idea what they may be ?

I agree that it`s probably bristleworms. I`ll send you a link with a pic and info when I get home from work.

If they are bristle worms my advice is not to touch them. I have a couple of nasty wounds on my fingers from them.

I was moving a coral (yes, to make more room) and on the bottom of the rock was a few bristle worms. I accidently came into contact with them and I now have a couple of spots on my fingers that are peeling.....EEEEWWWW!!

The God's are getting even!!!! Heed their message !! Put down the pocketbook and back slowly away.

YOU have been warned !

hmmm, i thought bristleworms at first but they are so small i dont think it could be them ! Im talking less than a quarter inch each - im starting to think isopods, which unfortunately looks pretty bad !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you find an image that matched them on the link?

There are several types of isopods...I have bristleworms that are tiny and I have giant ones as well. Double check the link and what you have in your tank..

Whether they are copepods or isopods I wouldn't worry about it. Probably beneficial for your tank but would need a pic to be sure.

btw, I got bit by a bristle when I was new to the hobby. My finger has never been the same...seriously!

Back
Top Bottom