Little Creatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
There are several little creatures that I have not been able to identify that came from my LR.

The first is white little fuzzy puffy things. They look like they have an opening at one end and and have little hairs coming out from around the opening.

The second look like plants. The base looks like a tube and extends about 1/4" and then has little hairs coming off the top of the tube. They are green in color.

Any ideas?

they are filter feeders I probably have around 50 in my tank...... they all came on the live rock and corals i put in the tank. I might have about 50 in there right now that are alive and well.

they are not a bad thing at all they are actually a good thing

I don't know this for sure, but aren't the "The first is white little fuzzy puffy things. They look like they have an opening at one end and and have little hairs coming out from around the opening. " things a "shuck" so to speak for pods. I had lots of them in my old tank and i think they "hatch" little pods. Very good for the tank.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom