Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2003, 02:44 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to kribbz
that is exactly what i started with in my 65 when it first began. 6 months later FULL blown infection of flatworms. if you can siphon them out before they begin to reproduce. i use an airline hose. but it is a pain in the butt. saifert also manufacures a product called flatworm exit that works pretty well just be sure to dose a little more than the instructions say.

Old 07-26-2003, 04:56 AM   #12
steve-s

It is an acoel flatworm

Not really considered parasitic, but not desired either.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-26-2003, 05:02 AM   #13
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kribbz
saifert also manufacures a product called flatworm exit that works pretty well just be sure to dose a little more than the instructions say.
Flatworm exit does indeed work but sometimes at a cost. This will kill every flatworm in the tank when dosed slightly more than recommended.

It is very important to remove as many as possible before administering the treatment. When the flatworm dies, it releases a very potent toxin into the water which if the concentration becomes too high will damage animals in the tank, fish are the primary ones hit. Syphoning the pests out can be a pain, but it will minimize much of the risk.

It is also advisable to have several changes of carbon at hand as well as 25% change water at the ready.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-28-2003, 01:44 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

bump... anyone know what that is?>
Old 08-27-2003, 09:59 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

OMG!!! I do to, and I also have some that kind of look like that, that are brownish,orange and are on my glass,rock and sand! Its covering my rock and it looks like ugly rust!!! HELP!! Is this good or bad? 8O

Thanks!
Joey

joey3292002@yahoo.com

Tags
eat, eating, ghost, reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com