Little tiny star fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carson24

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I just got my light for my fuge and when I turned it on this little tiny starfish looking thing was trying to get further down into the fauna kinda looked like it could be a serpent star do u think it could be???

I don't see why not. If it has long skinny arms then it most likely is.

Yeah generally they are good. There's a couple serpent stars that aren't reef safe, but the ones that are really small, micro brittle stars, are good clean up crew members. And if it's in your fuge, then it's even better.

Yes, i believe so. Until it crawls out of the tank at night and attaches itself to your eyeball. Then how lucky will you be?

Lol it can't get out can it? If it gets to big in my fuge can I put it in my tank and can I pick it up or will it have little needle things on it??

lol.. No it won't climb out of your tank, for any reason. They only survive in water. I'm sure it doesn't have "little needle things" on it, but i wouldn't pick it up. Some species of sea star die when exposed to air. Try and get it in a shot glass or paper/plastic cup or something of that nature and then just pour it in to your display tank. That's how i did it. Just make sure whatever you use is food-grade, so as not to contaminate your tank with any chemicals that could leach out.

Back
Top Bottom