Live Christmas tree in same room as tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aw_Ref

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know of any issues with putting a live Christmas tree in the same room as my tank? Thought it would be better to ask than to be sorry.

Thanks

I certainly hope there isnt, mine is about 10 feet away! LOL. I cant think of anything that would cause a problem, though.

Maybe just make sure that you have a good cover over the lamps. It would be a major bummer to burn your house down because of pine needles, those lights tend to get very hot and those needles burn easy!

Your question brings up something I've been thinking about with regard to evaporation from the tank. I've been noticing more evaporation occurring now that the weather is getting cold and the heat is on. Makes sense.

So I would think your Xmas tree would benefit by being close to the tank, and drinlking up some of that evaporative water.

I started thinking about this because I was dreading getting my humidifier cleaned and set up for the winter season. It's one of those drum types that cakes up with calcium and rust and has to be scrubbed and scraped every year to become functioning again.

This year, I say the heck with it. I figure with my tank evaporating 2-3 gallons of water a day, that's got to be almost as good as that inefficient drum humidifier.

Spin

Back
Top Bottom