Live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denisaquareef

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a aquareef 195 how much live rock Should I get? And also rock then sand or sand then rock added into the aquarium?? Lots of questions as new to the reef aquarium, I have had cichlids or around 3 years so I know freshwater but moving on up.. All tips are welcome....

I believe you usually should get 1 to 1.5 lbs per gal of live rock. Another option that would be more affordable would be to buy about 20 or 35 lbs of live rock and buy the rest in dry, aragonite base rock

Yes I like inexpensive too lol. And it doesn't really take long for the live rock to seed the base rock as long as they are touching.

Would you just mix them or base rock on the bottom? Sorry to ask so many stupid questions.

Marcorocks.com has awesome dry rock at good prices. I bought 50lbs and got around 55lbs. 3 day shipping to PA and its free. I would recommend them to anyone

I got mine from reefcleaners.org absolutely great place to order from. Me personally, I wouldn't waste any money on live rock.. You don't need it.. The only rocks I have bought that way are because I liked the way they looked.. Definitely not necessary

Back
Top Bottom