Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got a 50 gallon - 30x15x20...how much live rock should i get a pretty decent sized structure? I've heard the lbs per gallon rules, but is the minimum generally? does anyone have some pictures they could share of a similar sized tank, with a certain amount of live rock in it, to get a general idea of what that amount looks like?

Lr rock will vary in desiity, therefore weight to size ratio is pretty subjective. I would say start with 75lbs and go from there. 1.5-2lbs/gal is recommended for solid biological filtration.

Well, I have a 60... and here's a pic of it with 100 pounds rock. 60 base, 40 LR. Hope this helps. What's your budget?

Attachments

• 01_136.jpg
    01_136.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 79
Thanks Rob - that gives me a really good idea of what to go for. I'm gonna go for about 75 lbs. - I'd like to do it as cheap as possible, but I want good rock with very interesting shapes, but no branch like rock (or football shaped rock)...any good sources? I live in Maine

give liverocks.com a try, alot of members from this forum are very satisfied with their orders from that company

Back
Top Bottom