live rock ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boggerscott

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello everyone , i just recieved from a buddy of mine around 150 lbs of dead live rock from hondurus and fiji. it has been in a couple of buckets with no water for like to years. so i put all the rock in this 40 gal vat and matched the salinity level equal to my reef tank. so it has been like a mounth now . the rock dont smell, it never really did . so what do you guys think?

Pu them in, shouldn't have any problems. Might try just one piece and then check parameters just to make sure that you don't have any change in chemistry though.

If this rock has been dry for any extended period of time it is dead rock. Just wash it off and put it in the tank. Over time it will be colonized with bacteria and covered with coraline. It will be "revived".

well i did it and all is good and it looks 100 times better. it just makes a world of difference having more rock in there. can any one tell me how to submit a photo i would like to show you the before and now?

Back
Top Bottom