Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i get my rock from my LFS beacasue even if u order cured LR online u will still have to cure it when it gets home. if u have no prob with that order online its usually cheaper and nicer looking.

ok thanks
also should i use live rock at all if im not planning on putting invertrabrates in my tank just yet or should i just use base rock

im new to saltwater aquariums so i will probably sound kinda dumb at times :invasion:

if i were u id get base rock and just get 1 or 2 little pieces of liverock to make it like in a couple of months

even if u order cured LR online u will still have to cure it when it gets home.
Not all together true. I ordered some LR from www.liverocks.com and it did not need to be re-cured. If shipped over-night with and in-transit time of less then 20hrs there should be little die off on the rock. They claim it is safe to add directly to the main and I experienced no NH3 spike when doing so. It really depends on where you get the rock from. My recommendation is liverocks.com.

Back
Top Bottom