Originally Posted by Tkey3425
Id do dry rock. That's my opinion. IF their rock isnt cured completely or your drive causes some die off them your ammonia will spike. You have a very small amount of rock in your tank as it a so it would worry me that even if there was a small amount of die off on the rock you buy them the small amount of bacteria you have housed in you live rock won't be able to convert it fast enough. Like in my tank 10 lbs of rock wouldn't be too big of a deal because I have 275lbs of rock already so there is a lot of bacteria to convert all of the ammonia. IMO
(take it for what it is) I NEVER add live rock to an established aquarium that's how I nuked my 55 gallon tank.
btw Timmy shoot me a text i lost your number last weekend,
and that sounds horrible, i would never want to "nuke" my tank, the guys down at my lrs said i should be ok with a small piece under 10lbs and thats all i want, its very sparse on one side and i just want one tall piece to fill up the space and ill be happy with it. but the dry rock sounds safer since i already have my caramel clowns and shrimp in there. i would die if i lost them to carelessness.