live rock. com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt_tn1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any big difference in the gulf or the key rock ? those has bought from live rocks.com what type did you get ? thanks for any help

From what I understand th gulf has more life that comes with it. (hitchikers)

I recommend getting a combination of both to create more of a diverse tank. :wink:

Keys rock is considered "top shelf". It has the most color on it and comes with several small coral colonies. It will have various colors of coraline algea, songes and some corals. Gulf rock is known for its hitch hickers. It will have less color but more thinngs like crabs, shrimp and stars. Some good and some bad. I say mix it iup. Get half keys and half Gulf for the best of both worlds.

I only ordered Keyes rock. Its beautiful stuff. It also came with quite a few hitchikers (around 10 brittle stars, a mantis shrimp :evil: , a fleshy limpet, lots of spaghetti worms, a few bristle worms, several different species of crabs...mostly reef safe ones).

I think that's a pretty decent haul for 40lbs of rock. I'd never hesitate to recommend them to someone.

I ordered base, keys and gulf. my shipment should be here on the 22nd, I will post pics then of all.

i bought some rock from indonesia aka java rock. i like this rock over figi anyday the coraline algae is awsome and i think i got a little shrimp along with it nto sure yet. 0X

Back
Top Bottom