Live Rock in Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PauloSilva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey all...

Well I've been surfing these boards for about a week and I have to tell you I feel pretty confident in setting up my tank after being armoured with all this great info. I was just wondering as my first post to the boards if anyone knows where to get some good and fairly priced live rock here in Canada. My lfs sells it for 10/lb. WOW... I'm setting up a 75 gallon... 10 bucks..no way.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks all.

Where are you located? 2 stores where I am will sell fiji live for $3.19/lb... and specialty rocks for $8.99/lb to $13.95/lb

Thanks for the reply... From what I calculated it would cost approx 100 dollars to ship. I think I'm going to make an hours trip to London to Big Al's.. I heard through the grapevine they recently had a sale for 4.59/lb.. carry out.

I'm further north in Sudbury... but like I said, its approx. $3.19 /lb here... big als isnt too bad of an idea, but becareful. They treat the water do make sure not to add any water from their tanks or you can kiss ur inverts goodbye

Big Al's is the by far the last place I would give my money to. Extremely overpriced! but if you can get NICE LR from there I may consider it, and never shop there again. Almost double the price of J&L aquatics on everything!

Thanks alot for the responses. I found a site in Canada called... aquariacanada dot ca and they sell items which are fairly in line with JL. The thing about JL is that to ship the LR would cost me over a 100 bucks. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom