Live Rock moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok, couldnt really think of a good topic for this so sorry for the vague topic. I have noticed peices of my live rock, mabye nickel sized peices are being broken off of the main rocks and end up in places in the tank nowhere near rock. any idea whats doing this?

Interesting. I'm going to guess the rock was loose in the first place and either the water current, fish, inverts, or something is making it break off. Just a guess...

Devilishturtles said:
Interesting. I'm going to guess the rock was loose in the first place and either the water current, fish, inverts, or something is making it break off. Just a guess...
I agree, maybe they are even knocking against each other and breaking that way.

I have the same thing happening in my tank. I figured it was a combination of moving the rocks about when I bought them and then putting them into a tank and all the handling that goes into setting up the rockwork. Although it could be a strange little reef creature chiseling away at our rocks in the night. This hobby never ceases to amaze me! Like Lando said, "The mystery of it all is what fascinates me."

I agree!!

catchndolphn said:
ok, couldnt really think of a good topic for this so sorry for the vague topic. I have noticed peices of my live rock, mabye nickel sized peices are being broken off of the main rocks and end up in places in the tank nowhere near rock. any idea whats doing this?

Sounds like you got the rock wet, and now it's multiplying. Whatever you do, don't feed after midnight!

No Help At All,

- Skins

Back
Top Bottom