Live Rock Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxw47

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I've been looking for good deals for live rock online recently. I only need 15 lb though, for it's going in my ten gallon nano (the 40 gallon was getting way to expensive for me lol). My LFS has it for $5-10 per pound, but I have heard and seen it is a lot cheaper online. So do you guys have any recommended sites? I'd like it as cheap as possible, but quality is important too. I've reefcleaners is good. Would it be a good idea to buy the majority as dry rock, and then buy a few live pieces to seed? The dry rock is a lot cheaper I think. Hopefully you guys can suggest some good stuff. Thanks!

Live rock is expensive either way, its cheaper online, most likely wont be fully cures so your gonna have die off, causing an ammo spike when u put them in ur tank, you should cure them for about 3 weeks. Also because ur shipping only 15 lbs, shipping will be a retarded price, best off to get it from ur lfs, right out of their current tank as minimal die off will take place, and you have the choice to pick your pieces:)

Get ur base/dry online, and a few lbs of cured liverock from ur lfs to seed it

I got my live rock from saltwaterfish.com and loved it. It was the cheapest and one of the few places that I could find caribbean live rock, which is real flat or has large crevaces in them. I won't fill a tank with anything else.

Back
Top Bottom