live rock propogation?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel.Zero

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know if you take like 30 pounds base rock and 30 pounds live rock put them in the same tank, will the base rock "become" live rock?? and how much light does live rock itself require?

Does the live rock need a source of ammonia to stay alive? I am interested in maby offering lr for the price of base rock to people on the forums.

how much, id be willing if its a good price, lol. well i would think it would need a source of ammonia to keep the benificial bateria. i would go less is more. i have a 5 gal that i would like to put something in, but after it cycled, i put A LITTLE flake food in to keep it going, while i waited to put something in it, and it cycled again. now im waiting again. if youre thinking of selling alot and keeping it up, just throw a damsel in there to keep it going, if just wanting to get rid of some b/c you dont want it anymore, i would think a tiny bit of flake would keep it going until u sell it. jmo.

liverock will lose its good bacteria if there is nothing for it to feed off of.

could I use the raw shrimp method to keep the bacteria alive? I just think it would be nice to offer a reasonable priced source of lr.

Back
Top Bottom